Are you an experienced earthworker and does your heart beat faster when you work on beautiful road construction projects? Then we are looking for you!
As a Soilworker, you are responsible for the correct execution of the work with due regard for the safety of yourself and the people around you. Because you are an important ambassador for our company in this position, you have a customer-friendly attitude and a good command of the Dutch language. In addition, as a committed employee you are part of a team. You feel responsible and together with your colleagues, you strive for the delivery of a beautiful product, with which the customer can be very satisfied.
Some of the tasks you will perform:
- Demolition, water works, dredging;
- Sewer work; installation of sewer pipes;
- Digging trenches for cables and pipes;
- Installing lampposts;
- Installation of sheet piling, street gullies and culverts;
- Laying of revetments;
- Excavation of building plots;
- Levelling and raising the ground;
- Excavation of crawl spaces;
- Finishing verges, embankments and earth tracks;
- Checking of pipes;
- Manual support of the operator;
- Monitoring the quality of the support layer and connections (building components or existing mineral layers) and, where necessary, carrying out manual and/or mechanical repairs (levelling, cleaning and compacting);
- Provide instructions to the crane and dumper operator during the application of the uncompacted mineral layer;
- Make corrections for a layer that is too thick or too thin by giving instructions to the operator or, if necessary, manually using the shovel;
- Performing daily maintenance of the (small) equipment.
The package of employment conditions is attractive and in line with the market. In addition, the working environment is informal and pleasant with sufficient room for own initiative and personal development within a no-nonsense company.
- A minimum of MBO level 2 is required, supplemented by a relevant training (for example Vakman GWW).
- In possession of a driving licence and a valid basic VCA certificate.
- Minimum 1 year's practical experience as a Groundworker in a similar environment.
- Willing to make a living.
- Cooperative / collegial